Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Don't Worry, Drink Pepsi!


I LOVE PEPSI!! Even though I have weaned myself down to the diet caffeine-free version, it is still my favorite drink in the world. I enjoy it so much that I will drink it hot, and I don’t mind if it’s flat either. I am so hooked that sometimes a Pepsi advertisement will literally make me salivate.

I came across an old e-mail forward about Pepsi that I hung on to, not because of the e-mail itself, but because of my husband’s reaction to it. The e-mail went as follows:


Don’t buy Pepsi in the new can! Pepsi has a new “patriotic” can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge, “Under God.”

Pepsi said they did not want to offend anyone. If this is true, then we don’t want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office. So if we don’t buy any Pepsi products, they will not be offended when they don’t receive our money that has the words “In God We Trust” on it. HOW FAST CAN YOU FORWARD THIS ONE?



I did forward it, but only to my husband, and with single phrase… “My heart is broken.” How could my beloved Pepsi do such a thing? Feeling my pain, he did some quick research and sent back this response:


Don’t worry! It’s an urban legend perpetuated by ignorant Christians with nothing better to do with their time. If someone had spent the five seconds it takes to forward this and instead did a quick search on dogpile, google, or yahoo you would never have had to undergo this traumatic experience and you would not have wasted 30 seconds of your life! Do I sound sarcastic and testy?!!!! This is exactly why people don’t like Christians – any stupid little e-mail that comes around about God or Jesus gets blown out of proportion. It’s almost as if there is some subconscious thought that goes through most Christians heads “I love God and Jesus – I’m not supposed to have any independent, rational, or logical thought – nor am I expected to be competent – when I got baptized, all of the water flooded my brain cavity and my brains oozed out of my ears, therefore, it must be God’s will for me not to use my brain. This is a long sarcastic way of saying – Don’t Worry, Drink Pepsi!!!!!

You said it, babe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew... I still blink my headlights at people w/ their brights on, too! No one has shot me yet... AND I bought gas yesterday!!!